Reading Seminar on Algebraic Geometry
(before: Reading Seminar Complex Geometry)
The reading seminar is intended for masters and Ph. D. students who are interested in algebraic geometry. Advanced undergraduate students are also welcome, as far as they have the required prior knowledge for the seminar.
- With the support of the mentors the participants choose a book which treats a relevant topic in algebraic geometry.
- The chapters, which will be treated in the seminar, will be assigned among the participants.
- On each session one of the participants will give a presentation on the contents of the chapter, which was assigned to him. At the end of the session there should be a discussion about the topic just treated.
Current Topic: Topics on Abelian Varieties
Time and Place
Thesdays, 10:00 - 11:30 in 02.06.020
- See program: Topics on Ableian Varieties.
- Winter Semester 2017/2018: Zeta functions in algebraic geometry, notes by Mircea Mustata.
- Winter Semester 2017/2018: Deformation Theory, Robin Hartshorne.
- Summer Semester 2017: Deformation Theory, Robin Hartshorne.
- Winter Semester 2016/2017: Frobenius Splitting Methods in Geometry and Representation Theory, M. Brion and S. Kumar.
- Summer Semester 2016: Introduction to the Mori Program, Kenji Matsuki.
- Winter Semester 2015/2016: Introduction to the Mori Program, Kenji Matsuki.
- Summer Semester 2015: Principles of Algebraic Geometry, P. Griffiths and J. Harris.