Dr. Roberto Laface
Technische Universität München
Zentrum Mathematik - M11
85748 Garching bei München
Büro: MI 02.12.039
Telefon: +49 89 289-17060
Email: laface 'at' tum.de
My main research interests lie in arithmetic and algebraic geometry. More precisely, my current interests include (but they are not limited to):
- geometry and arithmetic of K3 surfaces, in particular those of maximum Picard number;
- abelian varieties, and their moduli spaces;
- geometry and arithmetic of Enriques surfaces;
- linear series and related topics, in particular the Bounded Negativity Conjecture.
More recently, I have become interested in positive characteristic geometry!!
- September 2013 / October 2016: Ph.D. in Mathematics at Leibniz Universität Hannover
- October 2011 / July 2013: M.Sc. in Pure Mathematics at Università degli Studi di Milano
- September 2008 / October 2011: B.Sc. in Pure Mathematics at Università degli Studi di Milano
- April 2017 / - : Postdoctoral researcher at Technische Universität München
- March 2016 / April 2016: Visiting scholar at the IHÉS
- November 2013 / October 2016: Associate member of GRK 1463 "Analysis, Geometry and String Theory"
- Sep 2013 / March 2017: Research assistant at Leibniz Universität Hannover
- Aug 2012 / June 2013: Visiting student at the Matematisk Institutt, Universitetet i Bergen
Pubblications & preprints
- "On the Picard numbers of abelian varieties II" -- in preparation.
- "Towards the weighted bounded negativity conjecture" (with Piotr Pokora) -- in preparation.
- "On the Picard numbers of abelian varieties" (with Klaus Hulek) -- submitted.
- "Bounds on Harbourne constants of transversal configurations of curves" (with Piotr Pokora) -- submitted.
- "The field of moduli of singular K3 surfaces" -- submitted.
- "Decompositions of singular abelian surfaces" -- to appear in Asian Journal of Mathematics.
- "On the local negativity of surfaces with numerically trivial canonical class" (with Piotr Pokora) -- to appear in Rendiconti Lincei - Matematica e Applicazioni.
- "On isogenies of Prym varieties" (with César Martínez) -- to appear in Le Matematiche.
- "On Zariski decomposition with and without support" -- Taiwanese Journal of Mathematics, Vol 20, No 4 (2016): pp. 755-767.
- Géométrie Algébrique en Liberté XXV at University of Bath (UK) -- June 26-30, 2017
- Workshop "Local negativity and positivity" at Leibniz Universität Hannover (Germany) -- March 7-10, 2017
- Géométrie Algébrique en Liberté XXIV at Nesin Matematik Köyü (Turkey) -- June 13-17, 2016